Wednesday, August 4, 2010

A Little Piece of Ribbon Goes a LONG Way

So--maybe you might remember--a little while ago I bought this little tree to hang on my front porch.

I loved it in the store--but when I hung it up--it was missing something.  So I scrounged around and found this PATHETIC piece of ribbon for it--(Sadly--it was the best I could do at the time).

Exhibit A:

Blah, Blah, Blah!!  BORING!!

I LOVED the tree in the store--but it was just missing something as it hung there on my house!!  And I was starting to think that I had made a mistake in buying it!  I really was NOT HAPPY with it.

So I decided to try a new ribbon to see if that livened things up for my little tree.  I bought some fun green limey green ribbon at Walmart--and let me tell you...I AM SO HAPPY!!!

Exhibit B:


All of a sudden the whole world makes sense!  And I am once again IN LOVE WITH MY TREE!

I know this is really such a LITTLE thing in the grand scheme of life--but sometimes isn't it the LITTLE things that really make a BIG difference?

Now I think it just brighten's up the whole entry way to my house!


And just because I love Before and Afters...Here We Go:

Before / After


Aaah.  I will sleep better tonight.

4 comments:

  1. Hi, Sharon, This is the second try to tell you we like your blog and we think the new ribbon is awsome. Sure glad it only takes a ribbon to help you sleep better at night.
    Love, Two who love you lots!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Oh dear me. We are more alike than you know. I can't tell you how many hours I spend trying to shut my brain off when all it wants to do is solve some design challenge. LOL! Working on your book post now.

    Brittany
    http://www.prettyhandygirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am the same way! There's just that one thing that's not right and I have to fix it. Small things, like a new fuller piece of ribbon, can make all the difference sometimes. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that little tree. Where did you buy it?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!

Related Posts with Thumbnails