Monday, April 26, 2010

Crazy for Coasters

So--I had never had any coasters in my house before, and had never really given them much thought.


Then I saw this little tutorial at Make it and Love it--using up her scrap fabric.


Well--I had lots of scrap fabric--and come to think of it--I often have wet little rings on my tables after setting a glass down! So therefore I decided I NEEDED to make some coasters!!


So here they are using the left over fabric from THIS project:



I had them in a little stack on my counter--and they looked cute--until I found this little basket for $0.25 at my friends Dollar Thrift Store!
I of course forgot to take a picture of it BEFORE I spray painted it this awesome shade of Black!
My cute little coasters fit so perfectly in there! I love it!

And I think it makes this little corner of my kitchen fabulous AND functional!


But I couldn't stop there!

Because NOW I WAS IN LOVE WITH COASTERS!! We were using them in our bedroom ALL the time--and they didn't match our room!

So I had to make ones that matched!

AND I was experimenting using all kinds of different edge finishes with my NEW SERGER and decided I may as well be sewing something useful while I experimented!

SO HERE are the ones that match my bedroom:

(Don't you hate it when you can't get blogger to turn the picture the right way?)



AND yes, I love them and use them EVERYDAY!!

If you have not tried using coasters before--you really ought to!

1 comment:

  1. I love you!!! what will you come up with next?? if you lived closer to me i'd hire you to do a home makeover for me! haha! I love them.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!

Related Posts with Thumbnails